Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Diehl Family News

I always use this blog to keep everyone updated on Parker and never really mentioned much about what is going on with Bobby and I. Just thought I would let everyone in on what has been going on with us since the new year. Bobby started a new diet in January and so far is down 47 pounds! He looks great and is feeling great too! I am really proud of him and all his hard work! He still has a little more weight to lose, but has really gotten off to a great start. We also started talking about buying a new house or building a new house in the next year or two just because with a baby, you find that you run out of space quickly with all the new toys and gadgets that come along! We decided that instead of buying or building, that we would just add on to our home now and do some new improvements. So, we are getting ready to turn our guest bedroom into the master bedroom and will be adding on a new master bath (as we only have 1 bathroom now!) and walk-in closet to that room. We also decided to replace all the windows in the house and get a new sliding glass door in our kitchen. Once the addition is complete, we are going to do some improvements in our kitchen by upgrading on a few appliances and getting new countertops, a new kitchen sink and faucet. So to say the least, I am really excited about seeing all the new things getting ready to take place. We ordered our windows last week and they are supposed to be in around March 20th, so that will be our first job! Once the weather gets warm, probably around April we will start on the addition. My dad, Bobby, and probably some family friends will be doing all the work themselves. I will keep the site updated with "before and after" pics as the new changes start. Thats all the updates I have for now! Hope everyone is having a great new year!

1 comment:

Tricia said...

Your new windows look really nice! I think your dad and I kind of scared each other yesterday. I had the windows open to air out the house. I was sitting at my computer desk and didn't even realize that anyone was outside. I popped up to do something and he and I realized the other was there. We both said an awkward 'hello' and scattered. LOL!

I can't wait to see all the changes you guys make this year. We are going to attempt to get a fence up this summer so the dogs can run free.