Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Parker Anthony Has Arrived!







Parker Anthony Diehl was born June 7, 2007 at 12:16pm at Carbondale Memorial Hospital. We started that morning around 3:30am because we had to be at the hospital at 5:00am for a scheduled induction. I was having contractions before going in and the nurse said I was probably in early labor anyway. After getting changed, filling out a bunch of forms, and answering tons of questions about my health history and pregnancy, I was started on pitocin about 6:15am. I started out dilated to 2cm and about 80% effaced. After about 4 hours into the induction, I had not made any progress. They decided to turn the pitocin up to make my contractions stronger and then things really started to pick up! My water broke on its own and I went from 2cm to 10cm in 25 minutes! By the time I had decided to take the epidural, it was already to late! I pushed for about 15 minutes and then Parker Anthony decided to make his big debut! He arrived into this world 6lbs. 5oz. and 18.5 inches long!


















No comments: